Wojciech Puchar escribió:

I'm about to buy a netbook, which:
- is compatible with FreeBSD (wifi is especially important)
- has a good battery life (at least 4 hours)
- has a normal HDD not an SSD

point 2 and 3 is somehow incompatible - HDD takes more power. anyway in order of few watts, compared to CPUs taking 20-50W, excluding those really "mobile". so >4 hours on battery&HDD seems possible.

Yes, but buying anything is always about compromises. Recent HDD models are pretty good and I don't need the most hi-end model with an extreme battery life, just a reasonable uptime with HDD. I think I'll go for the Acer Aspire ONE. I haven't got comments from these lists about that model in particular but I googled a bit and it seems mostly everything works with it.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: ga...@freebsd.org .:|:. ga...@kovesdan.org