On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 03:21:26PM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:11:41 +0200, cpghost <cpgh...@cordula.ws> wrote:
> > While we're talking about streaming protocols: how comes we don't
> > have rtmpdump in the ports?
>
> Maybe because of mplayer -streamdump rtsp:// ... ? :-)
>
> I've not checked, but using -streamdump with mplayer lets
> you dump most datastreams (coming from another file, a DVD,
> a HTTP link or something else) into a file (see -dumpfile).

Hmmm... are you sure? Looking at the sources of rtmpdump-1.6 and
mplayer's RTSP library, that's a totally different beast. The protocol
strings supported by rtmpdump are: rtmp:// rtmpt:// rtmps:// rtmpe://
rtmpte:// rtmpfp://

Not that this wouldn't be a nice extension to mplayer though... ;-)

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/