does it detects errors and fix them?
after fsck is it ok or still nonsense in Used?

Unfortunately I did not do the fsck. We have an automated reimaging
process that lets me rebuild a system in less than five minutes so I
decided for expediency to do this. If I see this happen again though,
I'll run the fsck...

and if it will fix a problem, make "master images" again with this or it will bring error back.

How this "reimaging" work if i may ask? bootable DVD with unix and script that do zcat [partition image.gz] >/dev/partition
?

that's how i do this in places there is a requirement of running windows.