Hi there,

First of all, if anyone is still reading it, I apologize if I sounded
harsh but I do care about FreeBSD so it does bother me that potential
supporters are turned down. Explanation below.

> anyway, i reread the original "sponsoring" offer and i think i understand
> well. so - if FreeBSD team like to accept donations that way, my 100$ is
> still waiting :)

I am afraid you still do not understand it. This sponsorship offer was NOT
directed to you. Neither was it to me. I did not reply to it because it
was clearly addressed to the core team.

I still cannot understand why you - an active, experienced and
knowledgeable FBSD user - would want to scare off potential donors for the
project? Contrary to you, I work in the fundraising field and I cannot
imagine turning people down that way. Secondly, some donors often start by
making small donations but they may at some point cosinder "upgrading"
their level of contribution. There is nothing wrong with that.

And thirdly, I may have missed something but when did someone from the
core team say that "they like to accept donations that way"?

Yours,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot