Prokofyev Vladislav wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have setup FreeBSD recently, can somebody help me with one interesting
> thing - Bind9 slave DNS server, everything is works great, but I got a
> problem with extended logging of xfer, etc.
> Bind9 started in chroot:
>
> root      788    0.0  0.1  3156  1004  ??  Ss   Fri01AM   0:02.10
> /usr/sbin/syslogd -l /var/run/log -l /var/named/var/run/log -s
> bind    30792  0.0  1.2 16212 12864  ??  Is    4:10PM   0:00.23
> /usr/sbin/named -t /var/named -u bind

[snip]

> Changing permissions and putting log-files in different places (with
> changing paths in named.conf of course) has no effect. I see that problem
> is pretty silly but searching info about this doesn't say something
> special - I still got "file not found" in /var/messages.
> Maybe Iam don't understand where files must be placed, so, thanks in
> advance for everybody who can explain how it works :)

Don't know if this will help, but took a quick look at my box here at home
and have the following in my rc.conf - but I don't have logging turned on
with this machine. Note the last line. So the logs should be in
/var/named/var/log

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/sbin/named"
named_chrootdir="/var/named"