On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:31:35 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>is this a reason, or that simply mysql is just slow and inefficient
>compared to postgreSQL?

There are many factors that could be contributing to the speed of MySQL.
For starters, what version are you employing? I believe
"databases/mysql60-server" is the latest version in the ports tree. Have
you tried using:

BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
BUILD_STATIC=yes

Their use could improve the speed of MySQL.

There are other options in the Makefile. Unfortunately, you have to set
them manually.

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com

Theory is gray, but the golden tree of life is green.

        Goethe