Erik Norgaard wrote:

> I have cyrus-imapd 2.3 with Berkeley DB 4.3 and openldap also compiled
> with BDB 4.3.
>
> Now, openldap won't build with 4.3 and defaults to 4.6 so I need to
> migrate my data, and I would like to migrate my cyrus-imapd also to a
> newer version of BDB.
>
> Are there any tools or tricks for doing this?
>
> The BDB v4.4 port refers to a compatibility page maintained at
> sleepycat, but this is now redirected to Oracle and I find no such
> information. Any page listing the db file compatibility?

Yes -- I believe BDB 4.3 and 4.6 aren't binary compatible it seems.

For the special case of cyrus-imapd you should use cvt_cyrusdb(8) to
dump out the contents of cyrus DB files to ascii, update everything, and
then use cvt_cyrusdb to reload the data.

As I recall, the real biggie for this is maintaining the 'seen' state.
I think just about anything else can be rebuilt from the mailbox data
itself by running a reconstruct.  However, on a large mailspool
reconstruct will take a while, so dump'n'reload would be preferable.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard