On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:08:30AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar typed:

> >I still cannot understand why you - an active, experienced and
> >knowledgeable FBSD user - would want to scare off potential donors for the
>
> once again please reread that post. it wasn't even potential donor, but
> potential advert buyer. But if i'm really wrong, i will mail him and say
> that he can buy advert on FreeBSD webpage for 100$.

I just re-read it.

>>>1.         Monthly sponsoring of around 50 to 100 USD

That's *monthly*. It's not insubstantial as you keep implying, and it even shows
commitment, not a one-time shot. Hardly spam in my book.

>>>What we ask for in return for our sponsorships is a short mentioning on the
>>>site somewhere with a link to our website.

They don't want an advert but a link. That's what you get for 5000 USD/year on

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/sponsors.shtml

So, instead of being pissed on, they might have been persuaded to pay a little
more, get their link and help the project as a whole.

Missed opportunity.