* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-03-03 17.05 -0800]:
[SNIP]
> Also, how do I know what hostname to set in my rc.conf file ... before
> I've been assigned a dynamic IP??

Hi. Using DHCP you should be assigned a hostname automatically. No
need to set HOSTNAME manually in /etc/rc.conf.

If not assigned one (sadly, this happens with some ISPs),
whip up a script that finds your IP in /var/db/dhclient.leases and
runs it through host(1) and then sets it as your hostname.
Have it run on startup by naming it whatever.sh, make it executable
and put it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

HTH
--
Martin Karlsson