From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of David Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:49 PM
To: Wojciech Puchar
Cc: cpghost; Polytropon; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org; Glen Barber
Subject: Re: Open_Source

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 08:32:38PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >A counter-example is VMS. It is a commercial product, but highly
> >reliable and secure.
>
> At least is said too, i never used or even seen VMS.

When Digital Equipment Corporation collapsed, the architect(s) of VMS
went to Microsoft and were given NT to mold in their own likeness. This
is where rings of security levels originated in modern Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Cutler

NT 3.5 and possibly 4.0 supported VMS-like versioned files as part of
the filesystem.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dke...@hiwaay.net

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."