Around 18 months ago when my network was disintegrating, one Jon Horne
        very thoughtfully came to my rescue and stuck with me until things were
        reorganized and then rebuilt.  The way my site is now configured, my ISP
        (Qwest) baby-bell has its router connected to my pfSense firewall.  The
        firewall computer connects to my FreeBSD server which handles my DNS,
        mail, and web.  The server then fans out to my several desktops.  This
        one, my laptop, my daughter's MacBook, and has a spare CAT5 for my
wife's
        PC.

        At a minimum, I'd like to have CVS working on at least my server.  While
        Jon Horne had no formal bg in comp sci, the guy is a net-wizard.
Problem
        is, that I haven't been able to reach him by chat or email for a couple
        weeks.

        Before Xmas, '07, I used ipf and/or IPFW .... managed to catch and kill
        hundreds of kiddie-scripters trying to crack in.  But with pfSense and
        how things are *now*, I'm in the dark.  So any help willl be very
welcome.

        tia, folks,

        gary

        PS: personal plug: a slice of my book is within my ~/.sig ...

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php