On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 01:08:28 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar
<woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> I actually know a blind man. But he has to use windoze+putty to be able to
> use FreeBSD - because textreader software works only that way.
>
> There are no braile style text terminals IMHO.

I've seen them, used in conjunction with DOS. But that was
many years ago. They hooked somewhere into the GPU's output
pipeline (after the GPU, prior to the CRT). A slider on the
side allowed to select which text lines to put on Braille,
one or two lines.

        1234567890
        QWERTZUIOP
        ABCDEFGHKL ----+ up/down
        YXCVBNM,.-     |

The Braille output was 1x80 or 2x80. For outputs with less
colums, 1x40 or 2x40, an additional horizontal slider was
added.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany