On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 04:52:10PM -0400, Karl Vogel wrote:
> >> On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 18:22:00 -0700,
> >> Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> said:
>
> G> I'm encloseing a brief C program that skips over php delimiters and a
> G> 74-byte test file.  Am wondering if there is a better way.

        tHanks for your perl script.  What I should have added was that I was
        looking for a better way in C.  It needs to fit into my ascii-to-markup
        program.  The function to scotch <TAGS>, </TAGS> is more than a few
lines
        because of error-checking.

        In addition to a C function that would skip BEGIN and END delimiters,
like
        the one I cobbled together, is one possible with *any* fixed
delimiters--
        say, 3- or 4- to some reasonable N- characters?

        My hunch is NO. Or at least nothing very simply for some small N, >= 7.
        (I'm thinking of the java code blurbs that end in something like "//>"

        For the php case, I could have used the "<" and ">" delimiters, but
        thought better of it.

        gary

 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php