On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Giorgos Keramidas
<keram...@ceid.upatras.gr>wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:38:23 -0500, "Gary Gatten" <ggat...@waddell.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm basically a novice at the whole configure/make process.  I've
> > hacked my way through some errors in the past, but I can't get past
> > this one.  It used the GNU auto tools and the configure script has a
> > bunch of shell, c, sed, awk, etc. stuff that's k1lling me!
> >
> > Anyway, I can't get past this error and the app developers/users
> > aren't offering "timely" help, so if anyone here is interested in
> > debugging a configure script and helping me get this (nTop 3.3.10)
> > compiled would be GREATLY appreciated!  I'll contact you offlist off
> > course!
>
> Why not `on list'?
>
> This way we won't have to duplicate the efforts of all the previous
> subscribers every time you describe what the problem is.

 I agree. This might benefit to others. I guess there are lot
of people out there that don't really understand make and config
so this could be a reference to all of them.

 I know (and agree) that everybody should RTFM but there are times
when the fine manual is just not enough and real world examples
provide a thorough understanding.

my 7c,
network warrior since 2005