I just installed XFCE4 on a fresh FreeBSD-7.2 installation. It works
fine except that I cannot get the screen resolution to stay set after I
exit the program.

The default is: 1792x1144 @ 60

I set it to: 1024x768 @ 85

Everything works fine until I shutdown the program. When I restart it,
it reverts to the default setting. I have 'save session' set to on.

I tried a trick I found while Googling to place 'xrandr - 1024x768 -r
85' in the '.xinitrc' file; however, that did not work either.

Obviously I am doing something wrong here. Should I post this on the
XFCE forum or does someone here have a solution.

--
Carmel