Manish Jain wrote:
I forgot to mention that Windows installs and runs very smoothly on the system.

Windows system information reports :
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model GA-MA78GM-US2H

snip

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that right-clicking on My Computer reports the amount of RAM as 768 MB, while the diagnostics above states 1024 MB.

For the brief period of time the FreeBSD installer runs, it reports the amount of RAM as 768 MB too.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2995

has integrated graphics = shared memory.

You can probably change the amount of RAM allocated to the graphics card in the BIOS.

Chris