On 2003-03-05 08:38, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, yesterday morning I applied the security patch for sendmail 8.12.6 --
> along with about half of the rest of the world. :)
>
> Everything works fine. However, I would like to upgrade to 8.12.8. So, I
> downloaded the tarball (from sendmail.org), ran the ./Build script, and
> tested the binary before using it. It was missing half the goodies I had
> compiled in earlier (like SASL).

You're asking for instructions on manually rebuilding Sendmail outside
of the supported /usr/src tree.  The only valid answer is "Read the
installation instructions of the Sendmail source."

> And, perhaps this is pushing my luck, but when will there be an
> 8.12.8 in the ports collection? I found 8.12_7 there, but I am
> obviously not going with that.

The ports version of mail/sendmail is already up to date with 8.12.8.
CVSup your ports collection again, and use the Ports :)

- Giorgos