Hello-
currently my rc.conf is set up like this for my gateway router.
gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="OPEN"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="rl1"     # natd -interface rl1, public interface
natd_flags=""            # sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

how can i have the script /etc/ipfw.rules run instead of /etc/rc.firewall. can i
change
firewall_type="OPEN" to firewall_type="" and create the entry
firewall_script="/etc/ipfw.rules"?

what i would like to do is block all access to services on the router like
httpd, sshd, etc
the other think i would like to do is port forward ssh from another machine and
allow access of that from an external network.
does something like this make sense?
thanks,

brian

/etc/rc.firewall.rules
#!/bin/sh
IPFW=/sbin/ipfw
${IPFW} -f flush
${IPFW} add 00200 divert natd all from any to any via rl1
${IPFW} add 00250 pass tcp from ${ROUTER_IP} to ${MACHINE1_IP} 22
${IPFW} add 00260 pass tcp from ${MACHINE1_IP} 22 to ${ROUTER_IP}
${IPFW} add 00300 pass all from any to any