On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 06:21:33PM -0500, Gary Gatten wrote:
> How fast is it though?  Fast enough, or will the r/w/access times make
> everything slow?  Not all SSD is created equal.

        Ah, yes, that was the key to this site, then.  it said that with
        their newer, faster speed--i think at least double--the response
        time moved from a slow crawl to a walk.  i use konq because it
        has festival as a builtin.  --after a hard day, there are times
        when the last thing i want to do is read-with-eyes some dense,
        boring document or man page.  solution is to mouse-swipe and
        have it read to me.  o/wise, i'd use firefox3 like most people
        do.

        i'll post this page if i ever find it again; share the good news.

> There's a "new" SD format too - up to 2TB.... Prolly within a couple
> years, or maybe someone will get some federal stimulus funds and
> manufacture it sooner!  After all, it could help us solve the "Climate
> Change" issue, that's always a good way to get money....

        man, truer words never spoken!   do you have a url with this
        new SSD info.  this really would help save energy since there are
        so many hard drives spinning  [[Everywhere]] just burning up the
        gigawatts.

        this could very well go-viral....  no stim money needed.  but
        then i dont know, honestly, because i dont know what these guys
        need.  but, for sure, i'm going to have a min of a 64G SSD in
        some notebook this year.  probably this summer.

        :_)

        gary