On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 06:41:22PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Gary Kline<kl...@thought.org> wrote:
> >
> >        Can anybody remind me what all I need to do to create a new virtual
> >        website?  (Or move /usr/local/www/foo to /usr/local/www/bar/ and have
> >        "bar" be my new website?  I've seen this lynx error:
> >        "Can't access startfile" before and can't remeber what I'm doing
> > wrong.
> >
> >        thanks for some clues here,
> >

> Take a look at the error log for apache, as I suspect the following:
> usually, apache wants to look in /usr/local/www/apache22/* for its
> information.  If you have changed <DocumentRoot>, could you give us
> snippets (if not all) of your httpd.conf ?

        This is the first change in 18 months.  The logs in
        /usr/local/www/apache22/ haven't been touched for months.

        I did remember to edit my named/* files, update the Date and restart.
        Then I restarted other apache related scripts and binaries.  The next
        "trick" is a reboot.  That won't tell me too much.

> >        PS: yes, i edited the apache22/Includes/httpd-local.conf and
> > restarted the
> >        etc/rv.d/apache script... .
> >

> Is this apache13, 20, or 22 by the way?

        22