Hi all,

I cannot boot my motherboard with the default kernel on 7.2-RELEASE (or any other iso's I have tried). It panics if device sbp is in the kernel. So far I've got things working by putting the hard disk in another machine, installed the OS and rebuilt a kernel without sbp, then returned the disk to my computer. That's ok for a one off install but this machine is supposed to be for messing around.

Can I load a kernel from some other media? Eg boot from an install CD, interrupt the boot, load a modified kernel from a usb stick or installed hard drive and continue booting from the CD.

At the boot prompt I can list disks with lsdev and I can load and unload a kernel from the media I booted from (obviously) but I can't see how to load a kernel from another disk.

I checked man 8 loader and man 8 boot but couldn't see what I wanted, hopefully I didn't just miss it. If the answer is in there I would really appreciate a pointer.

Thanks

Chris