Chris Whitehouse wrote:

I'm trying to install on a new motherboard ASUS M3N78-EM. While booting from CD I'm getting

run_interrupts_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config

This is repeated a few times then installation stops and the machine stops responding.

After some trial and error the problem seems to be device sbp in the kernel config file. Comment that out and rebuild kernel and it boots.

The blinding obvious workaround is to disbable firewire in the BIOS doh! Then I can boot from CD and install to hard disk, boot from hard disk and build a custom kernel without device sbp, reboot and enable firewire again. I can _even_ kldload sbp I discover.

Chris