> Hi,
> I'm used to migrate GNU/Linux system from one box to another by booting the
> second box with a liveCD (like systemrescueCD for example) and by copying
> the "/" filesystem (using the ssh transport)  with rsync.
> I would like to do the same for BSD system but i have two issues:
> - as the UFS write support is still experimental in the Linux kernel, it
> seems that i've to use a BSD liveCD but i can't find one :-/ I heard about
> frenzy ( http://frenzy.org.ua/en/ ) but the homepage says that the project
> is no longer maintained !
> - i'm wondering how to restore the bootloader after copying the files on the
> second box. On linux, i can use the grub-install script to do the job but
> i'm a bit lost on FreeBSD :-)

Hello. The Frenzy distro is still quite usable albeit it was abandoned. ;)
Also you can find official FreeBSD liveCD iso here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i.386/ISO-IMAGES/7.2/7.2-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso
(change arch type according to you platform).

--
Best regards,
Jeff

| "Nobody wants to say how this works.  |
|  Maybe nobody knows ..."              |
|                       Xorg.conf(5)    |