On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Ergosky <powerg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I want to download and start using FreeBSD but I've investigated about
> the differences between the processors architecture. My processor has a i686
> architecture but there just seems to be a i386 full-arquitecture supported
> by the OS. I want to know if there's a distribution optimized for my
> processor's architecture to take full advantage of it's performance. Thanks
> in advance for your response.
>  <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

Acronym i386 is used for Intel processors and their equivalents ( for
example , AMD ) in 32 bits mode .

Acronym amd64 is used for Intel processors and their equivalents ( for
example , AMD ) in 64 bits mode .

Therefore , please check exact model of your processor whether it can use 64
bits mode or not .

Then you may select a suitable distribution . More detailed information may
be found in release notes for distributions .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk