I just installed an Adaptec 29320ALP-R in my FreeBSD 7.2 server. Connected to the card is an HP Ultrium 1/8 G2 tape drive.

During the boot sequence, FreeBSD pauses to wait for the SCSI devices to settle. Then, I receive the following message

(probe79:ahd0:0:4:0: Probable outgoing LQ CRC error.  Retrying command.

I have moved the card to a different slot with the same results, replaced the cable, etc. If I do not power on the tape drive, the system will boot normally.

Thanks,

Jay