Browser-based apps are what I do, all day.

And Opera is the best, by far:

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/?platform=freebsd

FreeBSD native.  Fast. Small. Wonderful font-rendering.
Totally HTML/XML standards-compliant, etc.

If you use the web all day, it's worth paying the $39 USD
to these nice people up in Norway who made this great browser.

(To show my support, I bought 10 FreeBSD licenses.)