I have a FreeBSD 7.2 system that had two 37GB mirrored SCSI drives. These
contained a single slice filling the disk with separate partitions for swap,
/, /var, /usr and /home.

Yesterday one of the drives had a catastrophic failure - no problem, the
system still worked on one drive as it is supposed to. I have purchased two
new 74GB drives because I need more space.

With just the working 37GB drive connected, I ran:

# gmirror forget gm0

Then I connected one of the new 74GB drives and ran:

# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/da1

and the mirror rebuilt itself correctly, but of course only half of the new
drive is being used.

I've now removed the 37GB drive and run "gmirror forget gm0" again and the
system is running on the new half used 74GB drive.

How do I define a new slice and partition to fill the second half of this
drive?

Regards

Tom Munro Glass