Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
Le Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:30:25 +0200,
"Paul B. Mahol" <one...@gmail.com> a écrit :

With 8.0, FreeBSD see my disk with several parts instead slices.
That works fine but the kernel is not able to core dump to my swap
(ad4p3a) and I can't break into the debuger (laptop with an usb
keyboard).
For first one it looks like table is broken.

It's a Macbook Pro partitionned with the Apple bootcamp utility. I'm not sure if I shall fill a PR for this, it looks to be a hack just
for running MS-Windows on a Mac. But that worked fine with 7.X

The last one is unrelated to gpart

I know, I meant I really need to be able to dump a panic.

Any hint is welcome.

When the kernel attempts a dump on the device, do you perhaps see a message like "partition type unsupported?". One thing that's changed in GPART is that it will not allow dumps on partitions marked like they contain a file system.

Specifically, if you're using GPT, the dump partition's type needs to be either gpt_uuid_freebsd_swap or gpt_uuid_linux_swap. For FreeBSD swap, it's 516e7cb5‐6ecf‐11d6‐8ff8‐00022d09712b.