On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 12:57:57AM -0700, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:

> I suspect the real concern is not that the upgrade itself will
> wreck something, but that the upgraded FF may do something odd
> the first time it is fired up :(

That's a pretty good guess.

> One hopes that backing up ~/.mozilla would cover it.

I hope so, too -- because that's what I tried.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten far enough to see if anything was lost,
because now Firefox 3.5.x won't start:

    Fatal error 'Recurse on a private mutex.' at line 986 in file
    /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 2)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do with this?