On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:31, parv wrote:
> Please do not post reply above the quoted text.  Also, trim the
> quoted text appropriate to your reply.
>

> in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> wrote Murray Taylor thusly...
>
> > Digging further into the build logs found ps2pdf from the
> > Ghostscript build which does it perfectly ... YAY.
>
> Seriously?  I mean doesn't ps2pdf creates bitmapped text font for
> you thus rendering the PDF file almost unreadable?
>
>From the documentation

lynx /usr/local/share/ghostscript/7.05/doc/Ps2pdf.htm

  -dPDFSETTINGS=configuration

          + /screen selects low-resolution output similar to the Acrobat
Distiller "Screen Optimized" setting.
          + /printer selects output similar to the Acrobat Distiller "Print
Optimized" setting.
          + /prepress selects output similar to Acrobat Distiller "Prepress
Optimized" setting.
          + /default selects output intended to be useful across a wide
variety of uses, possibly at the expense of a larger output file.

As this is whole effort is so they can screen read my work it's ok ...

I (naturally) print the document via
LaTeX -> dvips -> lpr

> I get much better results -- readable & small files -- from latex
> & dvipdf, rather than pdflatex or ps2pdf.

As in original post dvipdf does not grab the epsfig stuff I'm using

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer