On Jul 27, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
and here's the details of /etc/ntp.conf file:

server 0.pl.pool.ntp.org
server 1.pl.pool.ntp.org
server 2.pl.pool.ntp.org
server 3.pl.pool.ntp.org
driftfile /var/db/ntp.drift
restrict default nopeer nomodify

I used to have server 0.europe.pool.ntp.org in the ntp.conf file but today changed all entries to *.pl.pool.*

At the moment my clock is about 3 minutes behind time. It has been running for a year and I do not have ntpdate enabled so I guess subsequent reboots did not correct the drifting problem.

Is there anything obvious I am missing here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can't readily combine a restrict statement with using random timeservers from the NTP pool; you would need to list specific servers and add blank restrict statements for each server you trust. What you've configured is likely querying the 4 servers listed for time, but not trusting their responses so your clock never find a server which it is willing to sync to.

Running "ntpq -p -c rv" would be informative....

Regards,
--
-Chuck