Hi all, I was tring an SMP kernel on my UP system that
support IOAPIC, the system starts correctly, but the
ACPI does not work anymore . Before the kernel update
I was able to shutdown the PC with the PowerButton ,
now the powerbutton does not work. The system doesn't
Power Off  too now. Appears the Message : "The
operating system is halted press any key to reboot" as
if ACPI isn't loaded.

I've noticed this problem on linux too, it was a
problem of IRQ redirection of ACPI that was placed on
IOAPIC edge-triggered (instead of level-triggered ),
and this makes the malfunction. This problem on linux
is solved on linux by the lastest ACPI patch , is
possible to do something on FreeBSD too?

Thanks

Bye