On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 08:49:17PM -0500, Gary Gatten wrote:
> Ah yes, I do remember now. Plus, for once the syntax is almost self
> explanatory. So, did the OPs question get answered?

Yes.  But to be clear, one of the lines in the input file is blank,
which means that find is run as

find -type f

which is incorrect; it will be treated as "run find with the -t,
-y, -p, and -e flags in the directory f".

(find's  syntax is:

 find [ optional flags ] [ required places to search ]
      [ optional rules to filter out the things you dont want]

By having the places-to-search variable be blank, the shell doesn't
pass anythin to find, causing the optional rules to be interpreted
as the optional flags - and the syntax isn't correct.

--
:wq