Hi Guys,

I ran into the same problem as this person did (see the link below):

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-...@freebsd.org/msg24337.html

ppp starts fine if invoked from shell prompt, however the problem above occurs for me when I attempt to start it automatically at boot via /etc/rc.conf

Funnily enough, the solution presented in that article seems to fix the issue.. But why? This problem is very easy to reproduce, how could it have been overlooked? I just happened to find the article in the link above, out of desperation, it's not good that I had to Google for a solution.

Is the solution given "safe"? Should I open a PR?

Alex