On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:07:15PM -0500, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
>

> >        if there are tools to do this, please point me at them, but i
> >        want to send out a snail and/or email|HTML|whatever to a handful
> >        of companies that i hope to find online.
> >
> >        I'm guessing the inside address would me something like
> >
> >        Company Name
> >        Address
> >        Company Email
> >
> >        Attn Mr. Smith:
> >
> >        [my canned letter]
> >

> >        i forget if the inside address is before the recipient
> >        address--I *think* so.   is there a way of having date output
> >        the format "15 August, 2009" rather than my usual, 15aug09?
> >
> >        I am pretty sure these people are most accustomed to GUI/html
> >        mail, so is there a way of invoking evo with html capability?
> >
> >        if there are web pointers on this, puleeze clue me in!
> >
> >        thanks much,
> >
> >        gary
> >
> > --
> >  Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service
> > Unix
> >        http://jottings.thought.org   http://transfinite.thought.org
> >
> > Not entirely clear on you goal here, but if this is a repetitive thing any
> of the major scripting lang Perl,PHP,Python etc is easily up to the task.
> Otherwise OpenOffice merge works great too once you get the hang of it.

        i'm thinking of a /bin/sh script.  if $1@ caputures a whole line,
        that would grab, say

        123 Main Street

        and $2@ would grab

        York, PA 12345-6789

        Actually, I'm trying to figure out something I can reuse if and
        when necessary, including applying for a JOB!!  whatever....

        tx,

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix