In the last episode (Aug 18), Artis Caune said:
> Is there any reason of not using shell variables in rc.conf?
> I want to tune rc.conf for easy editing and administration. Take for
> example jail_list or cloned_interfaces with 10+ entries:

Remember that every startup script sources rc.conf, sometimes very early or
late in the startup/shutdown sequence, so just make sure you don't echo
anything to stdout/stderr or try to run commands that might be on
filesystems that aren't mounted yet, and you should be fine.

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@allantgroup.com