Apologies up front for the off-topic'dness.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my new editor, and swiftly learning and
experiencing the benefits. As a matter of fact, nearly everywhere I
type, the common commands come naturally, and I get frustrated that all
of my software doesn't work like vi does :)

Getting to the point, I'd like to find a vi(m) community, but the list
subscribe that appears authoritative for vim-users bounces. I despise
and refuse to belong to web forums.

Given that, where can I go to follow vim discussions, without having to
bring it up OT here on my favourite list?

Steve