On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:12:23AM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

On Thursday 20 August 2009 03:41:05 Warren Block wrote:
On 8.0-BETA2 with www/linux-f10-flashplugin10 and www/firefox35
installed.

As per the Handbook, a soft link in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins to
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so.
nspluginwrapper -a -i runs normally.

linprocfs mounted, and nspluginwrapper -l shows
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so.

But about:plugins shows nothing but the "default plugin".

Is something else necessary?

I think you ran nspluginwrapper as root. If you run it as a normal
user it puts the wrapped plugin in ~/.mozilla/plugins where Firefox
picks it up. If you run it as root it puts it in
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins. Firefox 2.x and some other browsers
scan this directory, but newer versions don't for some reason. You have
to create a symlink in /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins/ to the
npwrapper plugin in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/

That works!

I had first run nspluginwrapper -a -i as normal user, then as root.

The Handbook says:

--
Once the right Flash port, according to the FreeBSD version you run, is
installed, the plugin must be installed by each user with

% nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
--

So you should not run it as root.

Let me clarify: I did not run it as root until after it didn't work as a normal user. Or at least I thought I didn't.

Now, having removed the link in /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins and making sure that npwrapper.libflashplayer.so was not present in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins, nspluginwrapper and Flash as a normal user works.