On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Adam Vande More wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Adam Vande More <amvandem...@gmail.com>wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Steven Friedrich <free...@insightbb.com>wrote:

I'm running freebsd 7.2p3, kde4.3.0, X7.4_2, and using the radeon X
driver.

I get an error dialog when I enable desktop effects.

Can anyone enable desktop effects?  I'm wondering if it requires support
in
the X driver and perhaps the ati drivers don't support it yet.

You need to enable the appropriate settings within xorg.conf.

[...]

Section "ServerFlags"
      Option "AIGLX" "True"
EndSection

[...]

Section "Extensions"
      Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

I don't have either of those in my radeon xorg.conf, but composite effects in Xfce like window transparency work.