I have found what to me seems like a bug with ICMPv6 handling in IPv6. However, before submitting a PR I wanted to check to be sure that its not a misunderstanding on my part.

The network setup. A host (A) connected to a router (B) connected to another host (C) on a separate network. When all are up and running, A can ping6 to C and gets a response. If you power off C and then do the ping again, tpcdump on A shows an ICMPv6 destination unreachable datagram received from B. However ping6 does not report that back to the user. A ktrace of ping6 shows that it does not receive the ICMPv6 response. Its my understanding that it should and the ping6 code seems to imply that also. Is this a bug?