On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:34:26 -0800
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Make installworld problem (4.7-p2 - > p7)

> > But when I cd to /usr/src and type "make installworld" I get:
> > mkdir -p /tmp/install.362
> > for prog in [ awk cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep find grep
 ln
> > make makewhatis mtree mv perl pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl test true
> uname
> > wc zic; do cp `which $prog` /tmp/install.362; done
> > usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src target
> > cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src1 ... srcN
> directory
> > *** Error code 64
>
> Let me guess, you have /tmp mounted on a MFS?

Nope....

> From: Joshua Lokken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> At this point I have to ask, (maybe a dumb question), but did you
> reboot into single-user mode after you tested the new kernel, before
> you did 'make installworld'?

I rebooted normally to check if the kernel worked, it did, so I rebooted
again and used "boot -s" to get single user mode.

> From: Kent Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Do you have /tmp set so that it is non-exec?

Ah, I just thought that was it, I removed noexec on /tmp and /var/tmp, but
I still get the error. This is how it is mounted now:

/dev/ad0s1a  /  ufs rw  1 1
/dev/ad1s1e  /home  ufs rw,nosuid  2 2
/dev/ad0s1e  /tmp  ufs rw,nosuid  2 2
/dev/ad0s1f  /usr  ufs rw  2 2
/dev/ad0s1g  /var  ufs rw,nosuid  2 2
/dev/ad0s1h  /var/tmp  ufs rw,nosuid  2 2
procfs  /proc  procfs rw  0 0

Btw I am not on the list, so please CC to me.

br
socketd

ps: securelevel = -1 so that is not it either.