I am working on a GPL audio application called Ogg Frog:

   http://www.oggfrog.com/free-music-software/

It isn't ready for release yet, but when it is released for sure I will support FreeBSD. I will set up a port for it that hopefully can be included with the official ports.

The initial release will be little more than a player, but later releases will support CD ripping, encoding, CD burning and integration with portable players.

While Ogg Frog itself will be GPL, the audio core will be MIT licensed and contributed to the ZooLib C++ cross-platform application framework, to eventually become a media framework for ZooLib, which previously hasn't had any media support. Video will come eventually, but not for quite a while.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
m...@prgmr.com

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen