----- Original Message -----
From: Giorgos Keramidas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:41:44 +0200
To: Gerard Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Screen Shots

> On 2003-03-06 22:06, Gerard Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For the life of me, I cannot remember the command line program to
> > take screen shots.  Its been a while.  If someone could remind me
> > with a man page would be great.
>
> There are quite a few ways.  ImageMagick that someone mentioned has an
> `import' command.  The netpbm collection of image conversion tools has
> xwdtopnm and pnmtopng:
>
>       $ xwd -root | xwdtopnm | pnmtopng > desktop.png
>
> I have also used xv(1) from the graphics/xv port to grab, crop and
> convert parts of my desktop :)

xwd -root -out filename.whatever

both xv and gimp can display and manipulate and convert
these files at will, although an 8-bit greyscale of a
gnome app on a kde desktop, preferably last night's
mozilla (-fomit-frame-pointer -fmake-me-run-fast) . . .
I discounted an obvious reference to Hegel, but you
might get traction with something punkt-und-klikt.

It helps to have lots of transparent eterms, somehow
not as emacs as I'd envisioned, but if you use cat as
a pager, it could be right up your alley.

Love,
Franklin Pierce

"It's a new idea," said Jai.
"I'd better go and share it with the club before I become rigid and defensive about
it," he added hastily.
               --Joanna Russ, _And Chaos Died_