I have set up several 'alias' definitions in my .bashrc file. They are
honored when run as either a regular user or as root. However, when I
prefix a command with 'sudo', the alias is no longer honored. In other
words, the actual command is run;however, any flags that I was passing
to it via 'alias' are lost. How can I circumvent this annoyance.

Example, I often use 'pico' from within 'xterm'. I set up an alias that
causes pico to use the mouse; i.e., pico -m which works fine as long as
I do not prefix the command with 'sudo'

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com

I just need enough to tide me over until I need more.

        Bill Hoest