I have inherited a system that uses Cricket on FreeBSD to do some data
collection. I have set this up myself in the distnat past, but this time I
asked a contractor to set it up. I no longer have access to this
contractor, and the toher day, we shut down the system this was running on,
and when we rebooted the system, cricket id not resume collecting data.

I don't see anyhting in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to start it up, nor do I see
anything in /etc/crontag. I don't seen any processes owned by cricket
running.

In FreeBSD, how is this process noramally invoked?

programs.