On Saturday 08 March 2003 04:48 pm, Miroslaw J. Wiechowski wrote:
> It seems that the X-Windows configuration problem is caused
> not only by the Intel i810 chip, but also by the monitor,
> Targa Multiscan TM 1480, which is rather old and probably the
> system cannot ask it for necessary information.

Well, the system doesn't ask it for information. You need to put the
appropriate horizontal and vertical sync rates in the Monitor section.

searching google didn't turn up the relevant info for this monitor though, Do
you have the users manual? that should have the relevant info in it. There's
also a Monitors file in /usr/X11R6/doc in XFree86 3.3.x, but it doesn't have
info for your monitor and seems to have dissappeared in XFree 4.x