Chad Perrin wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 02:08:36PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
I'm looking for a small computer, 7-10" screen that has a ThinkPad-like stick
to act as the mouse.  Pref'ly, no touch-pad.  The ASUS and just about every
other
notebook-size device has this kind of scratch-n-sniff pad; unfortunately, it
looks
as tho my palm would go there.  (I *did* see a separate mouse [and other
add-ons]
for the EEE; that might be a work around.)

I sympathize with your desire for a trackpoint (instead of a touchpad),
and this is one reason I keep getting ThinkPads for my laptops.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any "netbooks" that come with trackpoints.
I hope you get an answer on this list so I'll get one as well (with the
obvious preference for FreeBSD, or at least *some* BSD Unix,
compatibility).

Aloha Gary,

The HP Mini 1000 has a pad and it is not good. If I accidentally brush it with a finger it acts as a click same as the mouse buttons do. I think this is a terrible feature. ( No way to kill it either I checked. )I thought it was because I have large hands, but Julie has trouble too so she brought out a USB wireless logitech mouse from her stash of stuff and it works fine.

Good Luck...

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >