Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on the following messages I am seeing in dmesg:

--------------------

<<33>>aarrpp::  uunnkknnoowwnn  hhaarrddwwaarree  aaddddress format (0x0000)
ress format (0x0000)
arp: unakrnpo:w nu nhkanrodwwna rhea raddwdarrees sa dfdorremsast f(o0rxm0a0t0 0()0
0000)
a<rp:3 u>anrkpn:o wunn khnaorwdnw ahraer dawdadrree sasd dfroersmsa tf o(r0mxat0 0(00x000)0
0
)
arp: unknown hardware address format (0xarp:0 7u0n0k)n
wn hardware address format (0x0700)
aarrpp:: uunnkknnoowwnn hhaarrddwwaarree aaddddrreessss ffoorrmmaatt ((00xx00770000))

Any ideas whats with the jumbled/double letters? Is there something wrong with the machine or is it a bug in the OS? I have seen similar symptoms on SMP enabled boxes when shutting down if 2 processes call kprintf() or printf() at the same time, it results in garbled output.

Should i turn a blind eye to this?