On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 02:34 PM, Kjell wrote:

I have /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server installed, and it is up and
running.  If I do:

mysql -h localhost
Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 3.23.55

mysql>

It works fine. However, if I do:

mysql -h lilbuddy.antsclimbtree.com
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Do you have an entry for 'lilbuddy.antsclimbtree.com' in the user and db
tables in your mysql database?

Yes, the test database and the anonymous user are accessible from any host. In any case, I believe the error would be

ERROR 1130: Host 'lilbuddy.antsclimbtree.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

if that was the problem.

--
Mark Edwards
Engineer