On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 09:57:09PM +0000, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> dealing with broken package.... (virtualbox which is driving me crazy)
> I am getting the following error everytime i try to deinstall it, to
> make a clean installation from source:
>
> pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
>
> any idea on how to manage to get rid of this error?

The package/ports system will not delete files unless it knows they came from
a package/port that is being deleted; it will not delete possible user-made
files, which is a Good Thing!

Apparently some file(s) were left in the directory in question. Have a look at
what they are. If they are part of VirtualBox, then the packing list for
virtualbox should be updated to include them, so that they will be deleted
when virtualbox is removed.

Roland